What To Do in VilledieuThe new 2020 tourist guide for Villedieu-les-Poêles has just been published. It's available to download or you can pick up a copy from the Villedieu tourist office. It's jam-packed full of inspiration of what to do in Villedieu and is written in French and English.
A Stroll Around VilledieuA walk around Villedieu is one of the best ways to discover this historic town that was established in around 1130. There are 14 orange and brown information boards in both French and English to guide you as you walk through centuries of history.
Leaflets about VilledieuGo inside the Tourist Office and pick up a copy of a brown A5 leaflet called Villedieu-les-Poêles - a trip through history. They have versions in both English and French. There's a map at the back of the leaflet and additional points of interest to explore. Not all of the 14 historic boards are marked on the map. However, the location of all the boards is shown on the first information board located just outside the tourist office. This, together with the information below will help you to find all 14 information boards and learn about Villedieu-les-Poêles.
Information BoardsThe 14 information boards are as follows:
- 1. Villa Dei - Villedieu
- 2. Le Pont de Pierre - The Stone Bridge
- 3. Les Tanneries du Bord de Sienne - The Tanners on the Banks of the River Sienne
- 4. La Commanderie - the Commanderie
- 5. La Fonderie des Cloches - the Bell Foundry
- 6. l'Eglise Notre-Dame (interieur)- Notre-Dame church (interior)
- 7. L'Hôtel de Ville- Town Hall
- 8. L'Eglise Notre-Dame (exterieur) - Notre-Dame Church (exterior)
- 9. La Place de la Republique
- 10. Le Travail du Cuivre - The Copper Trade
- 11. La Cour du Foyer - The Furnace Courtyard
- 12. Les Lavoirs du Bord de Sienne - The Wash houses on the Banks of the River Sienne
- 13. La Dentelle de Villedieu - Villedieu Lace
- 14. La Cour de la Luzerne - Luzerne Courtyard