Safe gluten free eating options near Winterton-On-Sea
Recently we have had a number of guests with coeliac disease or guests who need to avoid gluten.So, I have asked a local coeliac friend where they’d recommend to eat locally. So thanks Lorna for your generous and useful advice. Oh and don’t forget to tell me when you book, so I can organise some lovely gluten free treats on arrival, like these lovely gluten free lemon meringue cup cakes! “As a very reactive coeliac I don’t eat out at many different places, but I’ll list what I know, hope it helps:
- Quayside Plaza in Yarmouth are good, but make sure you talk to the chef or the manager first.
- The Dog Inn at Ludham do ‘pub grub’ most of which is gluten free, I have eaten there safely many times.
- There’s the Gluten Free Cafe in Norwich, nice food and a completely safe place to eat.
- The Bicycle Shop in Norwich is my personal favourite place to eat, ever. Fabulous Tapas menu and wonderful atmosphere, if you haven’t eaten there I highly recommend it.
- You can also get gluten free fish and chips in Gorleston! Pj’s.
I also approached the Dunes cafe on the beach at Winterton (10 mins walk from the barns). They said “we don’t have gluten free bread or rolls but are happy to fill sandwiches if you bring your own bread. We normally have at least 3 homemade gluten free specials on our lunch menu and homemade gluten free cakes.” Their Facebook reviews seem to back that up, happily. There is also a kiosk outside Happisburgh beach car park fed – perfect for a decent snack after a lovely walk!
Travel Tip created by Emma in association with Vacation Soup