Rock The River 14 & Under Fishing Tournament - Grayson County, VA
Grayson County Tourism is pleased to announce the first annual "Rock the River" 14 & Under Fishing Tournament. Come with the family to enjoy a day on the New River and win some great prizes!
This is a 14 & under fishing tournament with no entry fee held in conjunction with LandCare Rocks the River designed to get families outdoors in Grayson County enjoying the New River at Fries, VA.
Preregistration runs through July 12. Participants may register up until the morning of the tournament, but only those who have preregistered are guaranteed a tournament Tshirt.
Preregister by sending a message to Grayson County Virginia Tourism. Please be sure to include:
Preregistration can also be completed on paper at any of our sponsor locations. Sponsors will be announced as they are received.
Meet at Fries Park on July 27 at 9:00 AM
Fries Dam to Dixon Ferry Bridge (Low Water Bridge in Fries)
Participation is open to anyone 14 and under with a parent/guardian present.
1. NO ENTRY FEE!
2. Wading only.
3. No fish are to be kept on stringers.
4. Any one fish may only be submitted one time.
5. Kids must net fish with MINIMAL ADULT ASSISTANCE!
6. Follow all state rules and regulations.
7. Parents/guardians must have a valid fishing license for the state of Virginia.
8. Everyone must be present at check-in at the end of the tournament. If you choose not to attend, please give us a courtesy call at 276-768-9458 or 276-768-0834.
9. 100% of prizes will be distributed to all winners.
10. A general liability waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian prior to the tournament.
1. Identifier must be clearly visible in the photo.
2 Any digital camera or cell phone is acceptable for use.
3. A yard stick is the standard measuring device and will be provided for you the morning of the tournament.
4. The length in inches of 3 total bass will be used to determine winners.
Each fish phot MUST include all of the following:
1. The whole fish tip to tail
2. Fish must be measured in a natural position.
3. Fish must be held up to the yard stick, belly to stick.
4. Assigned identifier must be visible in the photo or fish will be disqualified.
5. Identifier will be released day of tournament.
6. One shot only, belly to yardstick, not at an angle
7. Fish must be clear with no obstructions to qualify.
8. The identifier must be in view on the photo
9. No blurry photos will be accepted
10. The mouth must be closed and the tail must be natural (penalty 1 inch deduction)
1. Competitor photos will be reviewed by Tournament Directors: Timothy Dixon and Will Crawford.
2. Photos that do not meet the above criteria will be disqualified.
3. Winners will be declared and prizes/awards be announced by the directors.
Each competitor will be provided a unique identifier for the event. Your 3 longest verified lengths will be totaled for your score. The competitor with the highest total score is the winner. Next highest score will place second and so on. Prizes will be based on how many participants enter.
A check-in will take place at Fries Park, 329 Firehouse Drive, Fries, VA at 9:00 AM the morning of the tournament. During check-in rules will be explained and identifiers will be issued. After rules have been discussed, competitors may head off to fish in the desired location within the identified boundaries.
A unique identifier will be announced at check in and must be included in all photos.
We will meet back at Fries Park at 1:00 PM. Competitors must be in line to present photos for judging by 1:00. Please be on time for length in.
In the event of a tie, the following criteria will decide the winner:
1. Biggest Fish
2. 2nd biggest fish
3. 3rd biggest fish
4. and so on until there are no more fish to compare.
5. coin toss
Inclement weather may delay or cancel the tournament. We will NOT RESCHEDULE. Decisions will be made by tournament directors and be announced on Grayson County Tourism's page as soon as possible.
Grand Prize: Longest 3 bass totaled
2nd & 3rd prizes will be awarded
Other prizes and categories will be announced as they are received.