The Perfect Girls Weekend Away
The Crest is pretty unusual in that we are lucky enough to have a home that lends itself well to groups of friends enjoying a weekend away together, but at the same time having space for you to individually find some peace and quiet.
We are all set up so that you can make a cup of coffee, grab your book and disappear down to the bottom of the garden. For those who like a 6am rise, run and shower before the rest of the house is up - that's there too (just stop off at the local corner shop come post office and bring cake and fresh bread with you)!
With four bedrooms in the main house and one in the annex, plus multiple eating areas inside and out, after a hard days work of catching up there's space for everyone to grab a little me time.
Here's my suggestion for a weekend away from it all;
- On you route to us, why not stop of at The Hampshire Bowman for a glass of something cold and get the holiday off to a start before you've arrived? The Hampshire Bowman is also Dog friendly
- Arrange for the shopping to the be delivered to the house so that you can forget about all that nonsense - don't forget the eggs and bacon for the next morning.
- Friday evening; Order a take away from the local curry house The White Horse, it's the real deal - they have their own tandoori oven and a fantastic menu. Don't squabble about who gets to go and pick it up and have a pint at the bar!
- After breakfast, plan an afternoon at Hambledon Vineyards. Here you can chose from a variety of activities from 'chocolate and wine tasting', 'sparkling afternoon teas' to 'making your very own bottle of sparkling wine', all of which come with a full vineyard tour!
- Walk off the afternoon tea and go for a brisk walk up Winchester Hill or along the old Railway line from Droxford to Wickham (and back of course), nip into The Hurdles for a swift drink.
- Come back after a full day out and light the Barbie! The Crest has a large gas BBQ with a great eating area and stunning views of the South Downs. You may be lucky and see some hot air ballons which take off just past West Meon (SouthDownsBalloning).
- Go for Breakfast at Lillys in Wickham. Have a walk around the quaint little shops, don't miss out the labyrinth that is Chesapeake Mill which is full to the brim with antiques, jewellery home gifts. Pick up some essentials at the Tardis of a Co-op that's located there.
- Book some beauty treatments at Barn Beauty just outside of Wickham (On the road back to The Crest) - Mention The Crest and receive 10% off any beauty treatment - relax. Be sure to book ahead as this place is a well known secret and gets extremely booked up
- Go for a wander about Bishops Waltham Abbey, and then nip in for a well deserved coffee and cake at either Josies Coffee shop or the historic and quaint Anvil Coffee Shop.
- Head back to The Crest for a couple of houses rest and relaxation, before heading down into the village for meal at The Bakers Arms or The Hurdles for a Sunday Roast- don't forget the torches for the walk home.
- morning - plan your next get together (possibly the hot air ballooning next time?) before all heading your separate ways back home.
The Crest Droxford - Sleeps 9
To book your next Weekend Away Click Here and please do not hesitate for any help planning!
#weekendaway, #girlsweekend, #perfectweekend,