New Eats & Treats at Disney's Coronado Springs
With new restaurants and a stylish rooftop lounge leading the way, food and beverage experiences are sharing the spotlight at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
The resort has just undergone a multi-year, resort-wide re-imagining.
Here's a peek at what the new locations have to offer both on-site and off-site visitors.
Tolédo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood
The new Gran Destino Tower is home to this new dining experience. A unique rooftop table-service restaurant that offers dishes and small plates inspired by the flavors of Spain.
Featuring sweeping views of Walt Disney World Resort, this charming, surrealistic location dining under a pair of large olive trees. An intricate vaulted ceiling with shimmering stained-glass accents completes the picture.
Tolédo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood is the namesake of the Spanish city that was home to avant-garde writers and artists in the 1920s and ’30s. Spain also inspires the savory menu choices:
- Begin the adventure with tapas from the Basque region of Spain. An onstage tapas kitchen serves small plates, charcuteríá, and cheeses.
- Or choose from Cazuelas – chef interpretations of classic recipes presented in a traditional Spanish terra cotta dish.
- Entrees include rioja-braised chicken, Spanish-style bone-in ribeye or golden tilefish (100% sustainable seafood).
- Spanish sides include bravas (potatoes) with pimento aioli, braised gigante beans with aged sherry vinegar, and roasted cauliflower with harissa vinaigrette.
- Three signature desserts from the Master Pastry Chef include the Tapas Bar, a crunchy chocolate bar with bite-sized flavors of Spanish coffee, crunchy chocolate, raspberry mousse and lemon curd.
In the Disney animated film “Destino,” from which the tower takes its name, the immortal Chronos is in love with the mortal Dahlia. This passion shines through in the Dahlia Lounge, a convivial room that shares the tower’s rooftop with Tolédo – Tapas, Steaks & Seafood.
The heroine inspires the lounge’s visual aesthetics – from dandelion chandeliers and metal bell accents to ceiling coffers with swirling patterns reminiscent of her flowing hair.
Cocktails are crafted by expert mixologists, while wines from California and Spain include high-end cavas handpicked by the master sommelier.
Visitors to the lounge – indoors or outdoors – can also choose from tapas or small-plate specialties.
Three Bridges Bar & Grill
The second new restaurant at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is on an island in the middle of Lago Dorado. Three convenient new walkways stretch across the 22-acre lake and lead to Villa del Lago and its Three Bridges Bar & Grill.
Casual waterside dining is offered in an open-air setting. There's a varied menu that includes: curry-lentil hummus; Szechuan peppercorn wings; salads; a signature burger and a grilled skirt steak with pepper relish.
Behind the central bar, a beautiful stone hearth invites you to unwind with a pitcher of sangria or a vibrant cocktail while enjoying tranquil lake views.
A European coffee experience paired with Spanish and classic American pastries. There's also healthy breakfast items.
The Barcelona Lounge is located on the ground floor of the two-story lobby in Gran Destino Tower.
The city of Barcelona inspired the eclectic patterns and warm colors, including the stained-glass feature wall behind the bar.
Under a magnificent chandelier, the space transforms throughout the day, transitioning by late morning to an artisanal cocktail bar with a variety of tonics to complement an international gin collection. Those tonics include the resort’s own house-crafted, signature Gran Destino Gin Tonic.
Linger over lake views with wines and craft beers from both Spain and California. Dishes of cheeses, olives and more, paired with sourdough, are served from 11 a.m.
With its casual yet intimate shadings, this bright, open-air club-access space located on the 15th floor of Gran Destino Tower.
It's perfect for unwinding and enjoying light refreshments throughout the day. Chronos Club offers lake views and a Barcelona vibe with its cooler color palette.
Other Food & Beverage Locations at Coronado Springs include:
- Maya Grill: This grand Mexican dining room features ancient-modern styling and Nuevo Latino cuisine.
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill: This stylish establishment puts a unique spin on classic bar food.
- El Mercado de Coronado: There’s something for everyone at this food court filled with kitchens serving made-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Café Rix: At this charming grab-and-go location, guests find pastries and coffee, among other tasty snacks.
- Laguna Bar: Signature cocktails are available at this breezy lakeside lounge.
We look forward to exploring, testing and tasting. All in the name of research of course 🙂