Food and Dining in Breckenridge & Summit County
Summit County has some great restaurants and a good selection of grocery shopping. And if your group doesn't want to cook, you can hire a private chef to prepare meals at the house.
Based on personal experience of our family and guests.
- Blue River Bistro – happy hour 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to Midnight, live Jazz and Blues 5pm to 10pm on Sun – Thu;
- The Warming Hut on Main Street
- Relish – Main street
- South Ridge Seafood Grill – now on Main Street
- Hearthstone (happy hour specials 5pm to 7pm)
- Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon (fine dining and bar service – great tapas/small plates)
- Modis – main street
- Salt Creek Steakhouse on Lincoln Avenue
- Twist – nice happy hour
- Traverse at the The Breckenridge Lodge (Great views and sunsets)
- Mi Casa – Mexican
- Fatty’s Pizza – Ridge street; great specials. This is more than a bar and pizza joint.
- Extreme Pizza
- Downstairs at Erics – pizza and arcade on Main Street
- Rita’s Margs & Taco Bar – great happy hour specials on tacos and burritos if you are on a budget
- Park & Main
- Stellas – Food Truck on Main Street
- Bangkok Happy Bowl – new place on Main Street. Sushi and Thai food
- Breckenridge Brewery – beer and good pub food
- Empire Burger – La Cima Mall
- The Flipside- gourmet hamburgers
- Miz Suppa – soup, salads and bread; next to City Market
- Sauce on the Maggie - good happy hour
- Bagalis – Italian
- Silverheels Bar and Grill
- Cafe Pro Fusion – a gourmet hole in the wall serving gluten free curry dishes in Dillon
- City Market Breckenridge – At entrance to town in shopping/strip mall. We keep discount cards on the bulletin board at the house. They don’t sell alcohol – there is a package store near the grocery store which and they are closed on Sunday’s.
- Breckenridge Market and Liquor Store – small organic grocery on Ridge Street near the Post Office.
- Frisco has a Safeway, a Walmart (not a Super Walmart), City Market, Whole Foods, and Natural Grocers
- Dillon has a City Market and a Super Target
A fun evening activity is a cooking class at CMC. The college offers great one night classes at their Breckenridge campus throughout the year. They are hands-on classes for up to 12 people. After the cooking is done, everyone sits down for a delicious meal. Costs are about $44 per person.
Professional Private Chefs
If you would like to hire someone to come in and cook meals for your family here are some local resources.
Executive Chef Kevin McCombs – www.housecuredculinary.com
Ian Buchanan – http://open2theworld.com/services/
Book your lodging in Breckenridge at www.riversedgevacationhome.com