Discover the history of the Forest of Dean - Dean Heritage Centre
Setin a beautiful and fully interactive five acre site, the Dean Heritage Centre protects and preserves the unique history and heritage of the beautiful Forest of Dean.
- With a wide range of things to do and see, including five onsite galleries exploring the history of the Forest from the Ice Age to the present day.
- Set in a Heritage Mill building on five acres of woodland, overlooking a scenic Mill pond
- The Gruffalo woodland trail
- a reconstructed Forester's cottage with cottage garden
- an authentic Victorian school room
- a charcoal burner's camp
- a woodland playground
- Chainsaw carving demonstrations
- an onsite gift shop and cafe
There's always something new and exciting to interest, inspire and surprise you.
With a full programme of special events, exhibitions, art shows and educational workshops across the year, it's a great day out for all the family.
- Summer Opening Hours: 10am-5pm
- Winter opening Hours: 10am-4pm
- Last admission one hour before closing time
- Open on all Bank Holidays except 25th-26th December
- Open New Year’s Day: 11am-4pm