I think that you’ll agree with me when I say:
It’s really hard to get bookings through your own vacation rental website.
Or is it?
Well, it turns out that you can dramatically increase your website traffic and bookings by simply changing how you perceive your website and what it contains.
And in today's article, I’m going to show you how you can drive more traffic and get more bookings through your own site.
Part 1 - Media Addiction
We are all addicted to media. We consume all sorts of media - print, social, internet and television, all day, every day. We read newspapers, surf the web, swipe our phones and watch documentaries, sport, soap operas and reality TV.
But the real reality is that we pay very little attention to the media that we ourselves produce.
If we look at our own media with fresh eyes we can achieve a lot.
Here’s a simple way of looking at your vacation rental website...
Think of it, not as a website but as a TV programme.
Ask yourself these questions…
- If you sat down to watch TV one evening and your website came on, would you watch it?
- As it scrolled down and around the pages would it be entertaining and informative?
- Would a stranger that had never seen the programme before be entertained and informed? Or would they be bored?
- More importantly, if the programme came on again a month later, would it be just another boring repeat or would it be a fresh episode?
- Would you sit down and watch it again?
- Would someone else sit through it again?
So, what’s the point of this exercise?
Most people these days have access to 100’s if not 1,000’s of TV channels.
But they only watch a few chosen ones - Because those channels are more entertaining.
The same goes for vacation rental websites - Except there are millions of them.
Your website is your primary channel, your window to the outside world and if it’s dull and uninteresting people won’t tune in.
Television channels add fresh content to their schedules to keep their viewers happy.
If you do the same you will keep your site visitors happy.
Part 2 - Video Rules The Web
The easiest way to boost your website traffic and onsite time is to include videos throughout your website. In general, website visitors don’t read much text but they will sit and watch video - Video is just much more immersive.
Video marketing creates stronger customer engagement, it’s that simple.
Check out these stats...
- One-third of ALL online activity is spent watching video.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
These are AMAZING STATISTICS but the vast majority of vacation rental websites contain no video whatsoever.
Just look at this stat again...
Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
So, by simply adding video to your homepage alone your conversions will increase, your site will be ranked higher in search and your site visitors will tune in for more.
To show you how effective and easy this is to do, here's a 15-minute video (of course) taken from my keynote session at the Vacation rental World Summit. Here I show examples of VR sites with video. I also cover how to find videos for your website.
It's super easy.
- If you want more bookings through your website you really need to raise your game.
- Think of your site as a TV programme and add video. It couldn't be simpler. As I showed in the video above, this is free to do. You don't even need to create any videos yourself.
- Only a very small percentage of VR sites have video content so get ahead of the curve and add some video content today.