15 Family Friendly Things to Do In and Around Destin
1. Dolphin Cruise – my recommendation is the Glass Bottom Boat – a 2 hour narrated bay,
harbor and gulf cruise. You get to feed
the birds while learning about crab trapping and shrimp catches. Kids might even get a turn driving the boat. Day or sunset cruises available. $29 Adult (book online to save $2 per ticket with code BWS). Children 4-14 $15.50 per child and 3 and under are free. https://boogieswatersports.com/our-services/glass-bottom-boat/ Located in Destin Harbor. They sell soda, wine and snacks on board, but you can bring a small cooler with drinks for the kids. There is a bathroom on board.
2. Buccaneer Pirate Cruise – great for kids 3 and up. This is a 90 minute tour full of
entertainment including squirt gun fights and sword fights and may includes kids swabbing the deck! There’s face painting, pulling treasure from the ocean and shooting off real canons. Located in the Harbor Walk, it’s another great boating option for families. https://destinpirateship.com/
3. Destin Harbor Boardwalk – so much to see and do here. Stroll along and watch the fishing boats come in with their catch of the day, people watch and window shop. The
best part is it’s free! They also have lots of restaurants too, like Margaretville and Harry T’s. There is zip lining, bungee jumping and rock climbing right on the boardwalk for the adventurers in the family!
4. Maximum Magic Show – Located in the Harbor Walk Theater, this is sure to please all
ages! This is a 75 minute show with audience participation. Discounts for booking online https://www.tripshock.com/MAXIMUM-MAGIC-Theater-Featuring-Noah-and-Heather-Wells/details/1442/. They have VIP package for 5 people for $99. Definitely book ahead, the shows sell out
5. Uncle Bucks Fishbowl and Grill – an underwater themed bowling alley that’s fun for the whole family! Dine in the restaurant at a table or eat while you bowl. Kids will love the sea creature bowling balls and there are bumpers so it’s fun for all ages. A great way to get out of the heat or keep the kids entertained in the evening. Cost is $37.95 per hour,
$4.25 for shoes and $3.50 for socks. Family memories – priceless! Located in Destin Commons – less than 2 miles from the condo https://www.unclebucksfishbowlandgrill.com/
6. Wild Willy’s – while this isn’t technically in Destin, it’s not far! Located just west of Destin in Fort Walton Beach, this place has it all! Three mini golf options for all ages, laser tag, 4D movie theatre (SO FUN), arcade, petro jump trampoline, bumper boats, and island grand prix race track! A great choice to get out of the heat. They have 17000 sqft of air conditioned space. http://wwazone.com/ You can find mini golf, arcades and 4D theaters in Destin but not all in
7. If you want to stay in Destin – there is a 4D theater within 2 miles at Destin Commons, there is a black light arcade www.rainforestblacklightgolf.com right next to Destin in Miramar beach. There are go carts, bumper boats and mini golf at The track in Destin https://funatthetrack.com/.
8. The Gulfarium – See dolphins, tortoises, sharks, sting rays, alligators and more!
They have a touch tank with hermit crabs and starfish. For an additional fee you can help with the animals or swim with the dolphins and sting rays. All the seats are good seats at the dolphin
shows in this smaller venue. Click here for discounted tickets https://www.tripshock.com/Gulfarium-Marine-Adventure-Park-Admission-Tickets/details/1453/
9. Crab Island – you can only get there by boat and there are several options available, from the tiki hut boat, to private charters, or rent a pontoon boat for the day at any of the boat rental places on the Harbor (probably the most affordable at around $250), bring your own cooler with all your drinks and food for all options. Crab island has blow up obstacle courses that will wear you out in less than an hour! There are ice cream boats, food stands and mini stores all out on the water. Cruise around the bay and see dolphins and take a swim. After, stop at Dewey Destin Seafood Restaurant for some of the best seafood around! Eat outside on picnic tables and this casual and popular restaurant.
10. Lulus– This isn’t an activity per say, but it is a fun family friendly restaurant. Sit
outside and watch the kids play in the sand boxes, climb on the palm tree, play
cornhole or hula hoops while the adults listen to live music and relax. They have a wide variety of choices and pay special attention to food allergies.
11. Spend family time in the condo. Sit outside as a family and enjoy the view, play one of the many games loaded on Alexa inside. Watch a family friendly movie in the living room. Poufs under the coffee table provide extra seating. There are board games and cards to keep everyone entertained for hours.
12. Head to the beach! Load the wagon with beach chairs, beach towels, umbrella, sand toys and floaties all provided! Fill the small cooler you’re your favorite drinks and head on down to the beach. There is even 50 SPF sunscreen available
Book Easy Breezy Stays now!