Anna Maria Island "Angry Shrimp"
[av_heading tag='h1' padding='10' heading='Anna Maria Island “Angry Shrimp”' color='' style='blockquote modern-quote modern-centered' custom_font='' size='' subheading_active='subheading_below' subheading_size='22' custom_class='' admin_preview_bg='']
Nothing screams beach vacation more than delicious "Angry Shrimp"
[av_textblock size='' font_color='' color='' admin_preview_bg='']
The only thing better than fresh from the sea peel and eat shrimp is this “angry shrimp” recipe I discovered a few years back! I know that not everyone likes raw seafood and this is the perfect alternative. The lightly breaded shrimp with a delicious spicy kick is a sure winner at any dinner table or party for kids & adults alike. This is also a great alternative for a party if you don’t want to bring one of those slimy shrimp cocktails…this recipe can be your new go-to!
When staying on Anna Maria Island you can get most of these ingredients at the Bradenton Downtown Farmers Market and make it for your family & friends who will surely be impressed!
What you’ll need
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ Tbsp horseradish
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon, plus ½ Tbsp zest and ½ Tbsp juice
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- 1 lb 16/20 shrimp, peeled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ small shallot, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp butter
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix together the sweet chili sauce, horseradish, zest and juice of ½ lemon, and Tabasco. Season the angry sauce with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cayenne, chili powder, and paprika. Set aside. Toss the shrimp in the angry flour.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and sear until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the garlic, shallot, ½ Tbsp juice zest, ½ Tbsp lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and butter. Toss to coat and season with additional salt, if needed. Serve with reserved angry sauce. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
And that’s it! Quick, easy & delicious! If any of you try it please let me know how you enjoyed it! Did you make any changes to the recipe?
[av_heading tag='h3' padding='10' heading='Join AnnaMariaCondoRentals.com on Things To See & Do on Anna Maria Island' color='custom-color-heading' style='blockquote modern-quote modern-centered' custom_font='#000000' size='26' subheading_active='' subheading_size='15' custom_class='' admin_preview_bg=''][/av_heading]
[av_mailchimp list='cd99db95c0' double_opt_in='aviaTBdouble_opt_in' on_send='' sent='Thank you for subscribing! We’ll send you some information on things to see and do in San Pancho, so you can have the holiday of a lifetime! Please check your spam folder and whitelist our email address. Thank you!' link='manually,http://' color='' hide_labels='aviaTBhide_labels']
[av_mailchimp_field id='0' type='text' check='is_email' options='' label='Email Address' width='element_half' disabled='']
[av_mailchimp_field id='av-button' type='button' check='' options='' label='Yes, Send Me Tips On San Pancho & Nayarit!' width='element_half']
[av_hr class='default' height='50' shadow='no-shadow' position='center' custom_border='av-border-thin' custom_width='50px' custom_border_color='' custom_margin_top='30px' custom_margin_bottom='30px' icon_select='yes' custom_icon_color='' icon='ue808']
[av_button label='HOW TO INQUIRE AND RESERVE ON ANNA MARIA ISLAND' link='page,433' link_target='' size='x-large' position='center' icon_select='yes' icon='ue821' font='entypo-fontello' color='theme-color' custom_bg='#444444' custom_font='#ffffff' admin_preview_bg='']
[av_postslider link='category,178,186,189,5,173,9,21,1,23,17,19,8,7,22,16,20,4,6,10,14,18' columns='3' items='9' offset='0' contents='excerpt' preview_mode='auto' image_size='portfolio' autoplay='yes' interval='5']