Enjoy First Saturdays on Canal Street
If you are lucky enough to be in New Smyrna Beach, Florida on the first Saturday of each month, you have the opportunity to enjoy First Saturdays on Canal Street. The old historic, culture-rich center of the city of New Smyrna Beach is centered around the famous Canal Street. Canal Street is located on the mainland side of New Smyrna Beach.
On the First Saturday in January, I enjoyed wandering around Canal Street.
There were many interesting, unusual crafts to enjoy as well as the casual atmosphere with music and people hanging about having fun.
Strolling peacefully around the vendors and craftsmen in the sunshine and fresh air was very enjoyable, FREE , and went on from 11am to 4pm.
- Colorful baskets crafted by girls in Ghana with the proceeds going to their educational foundation
- Several vendors displaying unique carved wooden art.
- Handmade jewelry
- Handmade pottery
- Variety of home made jams/relishes
- Farmer's Market of fresh, locally grown, organic produce
- Local organic eggs and non- GMO, pasture-raised meat without antibiotics
- Stained glass
- Food trucks
- Sidewalks full of people sitting outside local cafes
- Three musical groups - playing jazz, country, and oldies
- Bat Houses !
- Sidewalk artists painting
- New Smyrna Beach History Museum
- Hub on Canal was open to browsing the art gallery, watching artists at work, and watching the artists give talks and demonstrations
- Craft Beer Walk
A Craft Beer Walk finished off the day, from 1-7pm, with tickets for 12 samples from 11 different local craft breweries in the area - served up at restaurants along Canal Street. There was a $20 charge for the Craft Beer Walk which included the beer samples and a 6 ounce Canal Street Beer Walk souvenir glass. http:// https://canalstreetcraftbeerwalk.com/.
Lovely way to spend the day if you are looking for something to do in New Smyrna Beach. I highly encourage you to enjoy First Saturdays on Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach.