10 Fun Disney Facts You Probably Don't Know!
10 fun Disney Facts you probably don’t know
Did you know that Disney employs over 66,000 cast members spending 1.2 billion on payroll each year? The largest single-site employer in the United States, Walt Disney World has more than 3,700 job classifications. Here are some other Disney fun facts that you may have not known:
- All Disney World employees are called cast members. Even Walt Disney was a cast member.
- Cast members will always point with two fingers or an open palm. Pointing with one finger is considered “rude” and isn’t allowed on Disney property.
- Cast members who play characters are taught how to sign autographs so that it matches the original.
- Cast members are not allowed to leave their “land” or area. The reason is to not affect the scene. A Frontierland costume would be out of place in Tomorrowland.
- Cast members love to talk to guests! Ask for their advice or just ask them about where they’re from. It’s usually on their nametag.
- A Cast Member is never supposed to say “I don’t know,” if he or she doesn’t know the answer, they are supposed to get on the phone and find out. They are also never supposed to react to silly questions.
- The background music continues, even after the last guest has departed.
- Cast members are encouraged to pin-trade with guests. Feel free to approach any cast member wearing a lanyard.
- Backstage photos are not allowed, both for cast members and guests on backstage tours.
- Seniority is a big deal with Disney. The longer you’ve worked for the company, the better your chance of advancement. Many high-level cast members, such as executives, once worked in the parks.
Did you know all of these? Do you know of any other fun Disney facts that we have missed? Please share!